Toyota Land Cruiser
and care » Do-it-yourself maintenance
If a wheel is bent, cracked or heavily corroded, it should be
Otherwise, the tire may separate from the wheel or cause loss of
When replacing wheels, care should be taken to ensure that
they are equivalent to those removed in load capacity, diameter,
rim width, and inset*.
Replacement wheels are available at your Toyota dealer.
*: Conventionally referred to as “offset”.
Toyota does not recommend using:
- Wheels of different sizes or types
- Used wheels
- Bent wheels that have been straightened
- Aluminum wheel precautions
- Use only Toyota wheel nuts and wrenches designed for use
with your aluminum wheels.
- When rotating, repairing or changing your tires, check that the
wheel nuts are still tight after driving 1000 miles (1600 km).
- Be careful not to damage the aluminum wheels when using
- Use only Toyota genuine balance weights or equivalent and a
plastic or rubber hammer when balancing your wheels.
The wheels of your Toyota are equipped with tire pressure warning
valves and transmitters that allow the tire pressure warning system to
provide advanced warning in the event of a loss in tire inflation pressure.
Whenever wheels are replaced, the tire pressure warning valves and
transmitters must be installed.
- Do not use wheels that are a different size from those
the Owner’s Manual, as this may result in loss of handling control.
- Never use an inner tube in a leaking wheel which is designed for
tubeless tire. Doing so may result in an accident, causing death or
- When installing the wheel nuts
- Be sure to install the wheel nuts with
the tapered ends facing inward. Installing
the nuts with the tapered ends facing
outward can cause the wheel to
break and eventually cause the wheel
to come off while driving, which could
lead to an accident resulting in death or
- Never use oil or grease on the wheel bolts or wheel nuts.
Oil and grease may cause the wheel nuts to be excessively tightened,
leading to bolt or disc wheel damage. In addition, the oil or grease
cause the wheel nuts to loosen and the wheel may fall off, causing
and resulting in death or serious injury. Remove any oil or grease
from the wheel bolts or wheel nuts.
- Use of defective wheels prohibited
Do not use cracked or deformed wheels.
Doing so could cause the tire to leak air during driving, possibly
- Replacing tire pressure warning valves and transmitters
More about «Do-it-yourself maintenance»: