Toyota Land Cruiser
When driving » Operating the lights and wipers
The headlights can be operated manually or automatically.
- The daytime running
lights turn on.
- The side marker,
parking, tail, license
plate, daytime running
lights turn on.
- The headlights and
all lights listed above
(except daytime running
lights) turn on.
- The headlights, daytime
and all lights listed
above turn on and
(When the “ENGINE
switch is in IGNITION
Turning on the high beam headlights
- With the headlights on, push
the lever forward to turn on the
Pull the lever back to the center
position to turn the high beams
- Pull the lever toward you to
turn on the high beams.
Release the lever to turn them off.
You can flash the high beams
with the headlights on or off.
Manual headlight leveling dial
The level of the headlights can be adjusted according to the number
of passengers and the loading condition of the vehicle.
- Raises the level of the headlights
- Lowers the level of the headlights
- Daytime running light system
- To make your vehicle more visible to other drivers, the headlights turn
automatically (at a reduced intensity) whenever the engine is started and
the parking brake is released. Daytime running lights are not designed for
use at night.
- Compared to turning on the headlights, the daytime running light system
offers greater durability and consumes less electricity, so it can help
improve fuel economy.
The sensor may not function properly if
an object is placed on the sensor, or anything
that blocks the sensor is affixed to
Doing so interferes with the sensor
detecting the level of ambient light and
may cause the automatic headlight system
- Automatic light off system
- When the headlights are on: The headlights and tail lights turn off 30
after a door is opened and closed if the “ENGINE START STOP”
switch has been switched to ACCESSORY or OFF mode.
- When only the tail lights are on: The tail lights turn off automatically
“ENGINE START STOP” switch is switched to ACCESSORY or OFF
mode and driver’s door is opened.
To turn the lights on again, turn the “ENGINE START STOP” switch to IGNITION
ON mode, or turn the light switch off once and then back to the
Settings (e.g. light sensor sensitivity) can be changed.
(Customizable features )
- To prevent battery discharge
Do not leave the lights on longer than necessary when the engine is
More about «Operating the lights and wipers»: