NOTICE: Remove the steering wheel assembly before the steering gear removal, because there is possibility of breaking of the spiral cable.
1. PLACE FRONT WHEELS FACING STRAIGHT AHEAD
2. REMOVE STEERING WHEEL PAD ( SR-14 )
3. REMOVE STEERING WHEEL ( SR-14 )
4. REMOVE NO. 1 ENGINE UNDER COVER
Remove the 7 bolts.
5. REMOVE NO. 2 ENGINE UNDER COVER
Remove the 6 bolts.
6. DISCONNECT RH AND LH TIE ROD ENDS ( SA-20 )
7. REMOVE ENGINE OIL FILTER ASSEMBLY
(a) Disconnect the 2 clips and hoses.
(b) Remove the 2 bolts and nut with the bracket.
(c) Remove the O-ring.
8. DISCONNECT NO. 2 INTERMEDIATE SHAFT ASSEMBLY ( SR-14 )
HINT: Turn the steering wheel fully to the right side.
9. DISCONNECT PRESSURE FEED TUBE
Remove the union bolt, gasket and disconnect the pressure feed tube.
10. DISCONNECT RETURN TUBE
Using SST, disconnect the tube.
11. REMOVE RH AND LH TIE ROD ENDS AND LOCK NUTS
(a) Place matchmarks on the tie rod end and rack end.
(b) Loosen the lock nut, and remove the tie rod end and lock nut.
(c) Employ the same manner described above to the other side.
12. REMOVE PS GEAR ASSEMBLY
Remove the 2 gear assembly set bolts, nuts and washers.
HINT: Slide the gear assembly to the right side, pull out the left side of the gear assembly from the member.