1. CHECK ENGINE OIL QUALITY
Check the oil for deterioration, entry of water, discoloring or thinning.
If the quality is visibly poor, replace the oil.
Oil grade: API grade SL Energy-Conserving or ILSAC multigrade engine oil.
2. CHECK ENGINE OIL LEVEL
The oil level should be between the "L" and "F" marks on the dipstick.
If low, check for leakage and add oil up to the "F" mark.
3. REMOVE ENGINE UNDER COVER NO.1
4. REMOVE OIL PRESSURE SWITCH
5. INSTALL OIL PRESSURE GAUGE
6. WARM UP ENGINE
Allow the engine to warm up to normal operating temperature.
7. CHECK OIL PRESSURE
Oil pressure: At idle: 29 kPa (0.3 kgf/cm2, 4.2 psi) or more At 3,000 rpm: 294 - 588 kPa (3.0 - 6.0 kgf/cm2, 43 - 85 psi)
8. REMOVE OIL PRESSURE GAUGE
9. REINSTALL OIL PRESSURE SWITCH
(a) Apply adhesive to 2 or 3 threads of the oil pressure switch.
Adhesive: Part No. 08833-00080, THREE BOND 1344, LOCTITE 242 or equivalent
(b) Reinstall the oil pressure switch.
10. START ENGINE, AND CHECK FOR ENGINE OIL LEAKS
11. REINSTALL ENGINE UNDER COVER NO.1