1. REMOVE BATTERY CLAMP COVER
2. REMOVE INTAKE AIR CONNECTOR
3. REMOVE V-BANK COVER
4. WARM UP ENGINE
Allow the engine to warm up to the normal operating temperature.
5. CONNECT TOYOTA HAND-HELD TESTER OR OBD II SCAN TOOL
(a) Connect the TOYOTA hand-held tester or OBD II scan tool to the DLC3.
(b) Please refer to the TOYOTA hand-held tester or OBD II scan tool operator's manual for further details.
6. CONNECT TIMING LIGHT TO ENGINE
Connect the tester probe of a timing light to the wire of the ignition coil connector for No.1 cylinder.
7. CHECK IDLE SPEED
(a) Race the engine speed at 2,500 rpm for approx. 90 seconds.
(b) Check the idle speed.
Idle speed: 700 +- 50 rpm
8. INSPECT IGNITION TIMING
(a) Using SST, connect terminal TC and E1 of the DLC1.
(b) Using a timing light, check the ignition timing.
Ignition timing: 5 - 15 BTDC @ idle (Transmission in neutral position)
(c) Remove SST from the DLC1.
9. DISCONNECT TIMING LIGHT FROM ENGINE
10. DISCONNECT TOYOTA HAND-HELD TESTER OR OBD II SCAN TOOL
11. REINSTALL V-BANK COVER
12. REINSTALL INTAKE AIR CONNECTOR
13. REINSTALL BATTERY CLAMP COVER