Warning: Unlocked doors can be dangerous.
Always lock the vehicle whenever leaving it.
To lock/unlock the doors from outside the vehicle:
To lock/unlock the doors from inside the vehicle:
The RKE transmitter must be within 1 m (3 ft) of the liftgate or door being opened. Push the button on the door to open.
Driver Door Key Lock Cylinder Access (In Case of Dead Battery)
To access the driver door key lock cylinder:
1. Insert the key into the slot on the bottom of the cap.
2. Lift the key upward to remove the cap.
3. Insert the key into the cylinder and turn to unlock.
To replace the cap:
1. Position the bottom edge of the cap under the lower edge of the metal piece (2). The tabs (3) attach to the metal piece (2) at the positions (1).
2. Rotate the cap upward and install into place.
3. Check that the cap is secure.
The door key lock cylinder turns freely when either the wrong key is used, or the correct key is not fully inserted. The free-turning door lock feature prevents the lock from being forced open. To reset the lock, turn it to the vertical position with the correct key fully inserted. Remove the key and insert it again. If this does not reset the lock, turn the key halfway around in the cylinder and repeat the reset procedure.