Toyota Land Cruiser
Body Electrical » Headlight and taillight system
ADJUST HEADLIGHT AIM ONLY
(a) Place the vehicle in the following conditions.
- The area around the headlight is not deformed.
- The vehicle is parked on a level surface.
- Tire inflation pressure is the specified value.
- A driver is in the driver's seat and the vehicle is in a state ready for
driving (with a tank full).
- The vehicle has been bounced several times.
(b) Check the headlight aiming.
- Prepare a thick white paper.
- Stand the paper perpendicular to the ground at the position 9.84
ft away from the headlights.
- Ensure that the center line of the vehicle and the paper face
forms a 90-degree angle as shown
in the illustration.
- Draw a horizontal line (H line) on the paper, showing where the
headlights should strike.
- Draw a vertical line (V line) to where the center line of the
vehicle is to be.
- Draw 2 vertical lines (by connecting the low and high beam center
marks) to where the both headlights
should strike (V RH and V LH lines).
- Draw a horizontal line (by connecting the both low beam center
marks) to where the headlights
should strike (H RH and H LH lines).
The H RH and H LH line is 0.4 below the horizontal line (H line) of the light
- Start the engine.
- Turn the headlights ON.
- Check that the headlights properly strike the position shown in
- If not, adjust the lights in the vertical direction.
As shown in the illustration, adjust each aim of the RH and LH lights.
(c) When adjusting it in the vertical direction:
Using adjusting bolt A, adjust the headlight aim to within the specified range.
More about «Headlight and taillight system»: