When replacing parts, replace them with new parts.
1. DISCONNECT AIRBAG CONNECTOR
(a) Remove the glove compartment door.
(b) Remove the No. 1 under cover from the lower No. 2 finish panel.
NOTICE: When handling the airbag connector, take care not to damage the airbag wire harness.
(c) Pull up the connector.
(d) Disconnect the front passenger airbag connector.
2. REMOVE INSTRUMENT PANEL (BO-84 )
3. REMOVE CENTER BRACKET
4. REMOVE DEFROSTER NOZZLE ASSEMBLY
5. REMOVE NO. 5 HEATER TO REGISTER DUCT
6. REMOVE NO. 2 SIDE DEFROSTER NOZZLE DUCT
7. REMOVE FRONT PASSENGER AIRBAG ASSEMBLY
Remove the 3 nuts, then remove the front passenger airbag assembly.