Toyota Land Cruiser
Opening the fuel tank cap
Perform the following steps to open the fuel tank cap.
- Before refueling the vehicle
- Turn the “ENGINE START STOP” switch OFF and ensure that
all the doors and windows are closed.
- Confirm the type of fuel.
- Opening the fuel tank cap
Pull the lever.
Turn the fuel tank cap slowly
Hang the fuel tank cap on the
back of the fuel filler door
Closing the fuel tank cap
When replacing the fuel tank
cap, turn it until a clicking sound
After releasing your hand, the cap
will turn slightly to the opposite
Use unleaded gasoline (Octane Rating 87 [Research Octane Number 91] or
Observe the following precautions while refueling the vehicle.
Failure to do so, may result in death or serious injury.
- Touch the vehicle or some other metal surface to discharge any
Sparks resulting from discharging static electricity may cause the
vapors to ignite.
- Always hold the grips on the fuel tank cap and turn it slowly to
A whooshing sound may be heard when the fuel tank cap is loosened.
Wait until the sound cannot be heard before fully removing the cap.
In hot weather, pressurized fuel may spray out the filler neck and
- Do not allow anyone that has not discharged static electricity
bodies to come close to an open fuel tank.
- Do not inhale vaporized fuel.
Fuel contains substances that are harmful if inhaled.
- Do not smoke while refueling the vehicle.
Doing so may cause the fuel to ignite and cause a fire.
- Do not return to the vehicle or touch any person or object that
This may cause static electricity to build up, resulting in a
- When replacing the fuel tank cap
Do not use anything but a genuine Toyota fuel tank cap designed for
vehicle. Failure to do so may cause a fire or other incident which may
in death or serious injury.
Do not spill fuel during refueling.
Failing to do so may damage the vehicle, such as causing the exhaust
to operate abnormally or damaging fuel system components or the
vehicle’s painted surface.
More about «Before driving»: